Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has any one here torqued a head on a 2006 reno? I have a print out from the local dealer and it says Tighten the cylinder head bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm) and turn the bolts another 3 turns of 90 degrees using the angular torque gauge. I torqued them to the 18 pounds then went over all of them 1 time doing the 90 degrees. From my understanding i was going to hit each bolt 3 times for 90 degrees but when i started the 2nd time it just seems way to tight for an aluminum head. I put my digital torque wrench on the degree wheel and set it at zero and before the angular gauge moved i was over 60 ft lbs. I'm thinking 90 degrees two more times would be way too tight. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had ordered new head bolts but when they arrived they were the wrong ones. I tried to get away with using the old ones. Well, these head bolts are stretch bolts so i went to the dealer and got the correct bolts and torqued to specs. This engine is one of the easiest head gaskets i have every done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts