Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've dropped transmissions and changed clutches before but this is my first Suzuki and man, it was a pain. I'm attempting to troubleshoot/diagnose some problems with my 2006 transmission. It seized up and refused to shift, drive for a while probably due to a lack of changed fluid? I had done some heavy driving going up and down California every weekend for 2 months.

What I want to know is the tranny rod supposed to move up and down out of the case? And for the life of me I had such a hard time pulling the entire clutch assembly off the rod in the first place. Had to put a vice to it and yank it off stripping the splines.

Here's a picture, clutch, plate, t/o bearing. All look fine :confused::confused::confused: Any ideas friends?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,668 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "Tranny Rod", but regardless based on the reported issues, I see no other recourse but to swap in a good / used transmission and a new clutch assembly. :(

Anything less (like attempting to Professionally repair what you have) wouldn't pay off, in other words. Too much obvious wrongs with the trans, too many unknowns, and too many $'s. That's assuming that it isn't already too far gone to attempt a fix at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I decided there were too many variables to troubleshoot and just getting an entirely new unit. Opened up the other side and saw pieces of loose metal. It's a goner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts