Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I drive a 1.3cc 2006 Ignis x45. I have noticed for some time now that the car doesn’t respond well when accelerating as it used to before and my mpg has increased too. I change my oil and filter every 5000km as recommended in dusty conditions.
However, I have never cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor before.
Can I use an Abro Electronic Contact cleaner to clean the MAF sensor since I cannot find a MAF sensor cleaner where I live?

·
Registered
206 Posts
It's important when cleaning a MAF sensor to avoid anything that leaves a deposit. Electric contact cleaner often contains a substance to prevent corrosion. Most MAF cleaners are simply something like iso-propyl alcohol which completely evaporates. If you can get hold of methanol or rubbing alcohol - use this in a spray bottle - don't rub or scrape parts of the MAF. After cleaning - allow to dry naturally for an hour before refitting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the insight. I will try as recommended and let you know the feedback.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello. I have gotten the job done by using robbing alcohol in a spray container and cleaned intake air filter as well. The result when accelerating is better now. Thanks 👍

·
Registered
206 Posts
Excellent! Dirty MAF's will usually under-read the airflow leading to a weak mixture, particularly the hot wire type - hence performance deterioration. Regular replacement of air filters, especially in arduous conditions, is very important in maintaining a clean MAFF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts