Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone installed or had problems with an oil filter relocation kit? I installed this kit. I had to use some 90° elbows in order to get the hoses routed correctly and I put the oil filter down by the oil pan. Now though when the car gets hot after about 15 minutes it seems to loose a little power and there is weird vibration type noise coming from the engine. Do you think the oil pump has the strength to pump the oil through this setup and still supply enough oil to the engine?

·
Registered
322 Posts
What I would suggest is to return the car to the original condition and go for a test drive. If the noise/power issues go away then you will know the culprit. It could also be that some damage has occurred in which case the issue may continue. Or it could be something entirely different. Suzuki engines are pretty stout but they are also known to not over-design to keep cost down. So it's possible that the oil pump is not suitable for an external filter setup.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You might want to cut the PH8-equivalent filter open too and see if the element is intact, or has collapsed.
Since the pressure relief valve is at the pump, the pressure drop due to flow in the remote filter system will subtract from the available pressure to the engine. That shouldn't be much, but would have been worth verifying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
(Resurrecting an old thread)

About to try the same... how did this go? Did the oil pump have the strength to pump oil through a relocation kit? Do you have any pictures of your install?

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I relocated the filter on my GV, with a similar kit.
The thing to avoid is adding 90° bends, they do add resistance.
You can add enough hose so a 90° is not necessary.

Be sure to use one with 1/2" lines, it's also a parts store item if you run short.
The pump still pumps the same amount, simple law of hydraulics, it just goes a little farther on the first start, after that it's same as always.

Don

^_^

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
I concur, 90 degree bends are death to oil flows. sweeping curves, and decent line sizes, 1/2" minimum, 5/8" preferred. Pressure will drop based on length and diameter. My race car is remote filtered, total of 5 feet of 5/8" line and I lose minimal flow. Pressure is a bit hard to measure on my setup as gauge is between pump and filter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any pics? Braided lines? Location of filter?
I am thinking like to place in front next to power steering fluid - but think it’s too far to relocate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Nothing special,
standard oil line and by the firewall.

No pictures, other than this is what happens when you don't change your oil.

This is what I found.

My race car is
?? :mellow: !!!!!!!! :eek:

were going to need pictures!!!!!!
Your gallery, maybe?

Don

^_^

·
Registered
10,037 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
ok,ok stop nagging....

Ooooohhhhhhh!!!!!

Very nice!!
Are you going to tell us anything about it or do we gota nag????

Sure is purdy!!!!

Don

^_^

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Ooooohhhhhhh!!!!!

Very nice!!
Are you going to tell us anything about it or do we gota nag????

Sure is purdy!!!!

Don

^_^

over here it is called a "super saloon"
Dirt track oval racing usually a 1/4 mile oval, 80 mph on the straights on a good night, 60 mph is average down to 20 in the corners, direct drive Bert gearbox, just diff ratio to set speeds,
this ones about 800 hp plus,
Methanol,
6.8 litres,
carbed,
started as a 351 Windsor, has a mustang body on it at present.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts