Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photos of our 2006 Grand Vitara JLX-L in action. Descriptions of thse outings are in the 2006 GV discussion.

The blurred shot shows the rear wheel off the ground. Sorry about the blurring. This is the ditch that confounded the traction control system on the way up in 4Low.

The scratches look bad, but they are mostly sticky stuff off bushes that then got dirty from dust. The dust washed off, and the sticky lines will go away as soon as I use soap or wax on it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi geevee

I enjoyed those - but it made me wince seing the brush scratches. A bit of elbow grease needed there. Good looking scenery but the snow looked a bit patchy for the skis. I notice not what I would call a heavy duty tread on the tyres - how did they cope?

Beancounter

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tonight I replaced the 320x200 images with 640x480 versions, so they look much better. I waxed the sides of the GV tonight, and you'll be relieved to know it would take a magnifying glass to find any trace of the scratches.

Only a few inches of this sort of heavy wet spring snow is enough to stop a vehicle, but up at treeline and in the alpine where we were headed on foot, the snowpack at this time of year around here is 6'-15' (2m-5m) deep. Even a Jeep Cherokee with chains on all four wheels only got about 50 feet into the stuff.

Those are the stock 17" tires on the JLX-L. They have been very impressive on snow during the winter, despite being more of an all-season than a winter tire. Not much of anything is any good in the wet icy snow at lower elevations. The tires were fine on gravel, but that's not a good test of how they'd do in mud. I'm not into mudpit stuff anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts