Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Forenza. The original stereo in it acts up sometimes, meaning the CD player won't play the cd's half of the time. I'll put a cd in, and it'll play for half a song, then it'll stop and spit it out. The stereo doesn't feel hot, and I can't find any other reason then maybe it needs to be cleaned. Has anyone else had this problem with their CD players? Would it be easier just to change out the entire unit?

·
Registered
282 Posts
3 yrs, 36000 mile warranty coverage, are you out? If so then get a aftermarket replacement unit, since the factory unit is rather expensive at $800.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Aftermarket replacement = "another stereo". You just need to buy the adapter kit and harness adapter.
Don't think there is a spot in the trunk area to mount them, all 4 factory speakers are in the doors. Hi Quality 6.5" speakers can fit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, no place to mount, but if I place 12 in subs in the back, is there a way to run speaker wire to the trunk without it being in the way? Fact is, I don't like the sound of it when I am in the backseat. I kind of like the speakers in the rear window, but this car did not have them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts