Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL 7 Trekker 5sp Manual
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi All i have been sussing out various lifts for my 05 xl7 now for months. Ive looked everywhere from the calmini 3-4” lift, the rocky road 2.5 inch (i think thats what its call), and the 4xfourart suspension 3inch lift. And last but not least i have come across this group from Taiwan Called FTS.
originally i found them by a link in search for a snorkel! But then i stumbled into there nice looking 2 inch lift kit.
My Question is. Does anyone think this 2inch kit will need anything extra? Does it have any red flags that would make it no good for my driveline or suspension as a whole? Also, will i need new camber bolts? If so, does anyone have a link to where i could get camber bolts to counteract the 2inch lift?
Thanks all looking forward to hearing from you!

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
Kind of hard to tell, from those pictures, what comes in that kit and what doesn't.

The last picture shows two pairs of springs, two pairs of struts, two pairs of shocks, what appears to be some sort of driveline support bearing relocation bracket, which I think is also shown in the first picture, and an adjustable panhard rod. The center picture shows what seems to be a sway bar mount relocation bracket, which is not shown in the last picture, so who knows if it's included.

With a two inch lift, camber bolts are a good idea, they should be available off the shelf from places like Pedders, ask for 12mm camber bolts, if you do need to get them online Amazon should have.

Red flags - fts have been around for awhile, I haven't bought any of their products and like you, when I've come across the name its been in connection with snorkels - you may have to be the guinea-pig on this - personally I don't like extended panhard rods as a means of re-centering the rear axle, but it works and is a fairly common practice - my preference is a bracket that shifts the mount point of the rod.

I like the idea of relocating the sway bar and have considered fabricating something to space the mounts down as shown in that second picture, but not really put any serious thought into it.

Last but not least - take a look at Old Man Emu - not quite two inches of lift, but, a known product with an outstanding (and in my opinion, well deserved) reputation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fordem. I am going to be the test subject. I am officially buying the lift kit tomorrow and should have it hopefully in a month and a half, im really excited !!!! I also have an xrox bullbar coming end of this month if not early next month. Let the modding begin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All it has been a few months and i have done a few changes to my zook!! So i ended up buying the 2 inch lift from Fts 4x4 in taiwan. And it has been amazing.
The ride of my vehicle has been raised and stiffed a little. But as to difference from standard ride on the oem suspension i cant comment. This is be my oem shocks were rooted and pretty much compressed themselves when bolts where undone.
The FTS lift has provided me better flex and performance offroad. How ever one issue is with the camber adjustment. Their is plenty of camber adjustment but after a certain point the shock tower hits the back of the hub?..... not sure of the name. And it doesn’t allow further adjustment. So some metal needs to be shaved off. Will try remember to post photo when it come to actually doing it in next few weeks.

anyway i can highly recommend this lift has worked well!
And if anyone has any firther interest in seeing outcome of my rig journey so far
Check out my instagram Zuki_xl7_4x4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts