Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought two new FOB's off EBay. Seemed like a reliable dealer. Sent me instructions to website on how to program them, but FOB's will not sync up. I can get the Truck into program mode, but the Keys don't sync.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
key fob

It will not work. I have tried the Fobs from E Bay and had the same results. Give up send them back and buy one from a Suzuki dealer. I did and it programed the first try. If you do not have a Owners Manual the instructions are in several post on here. TShaw

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TShaw... I think... Will try and talk with the seller, but I'm sure your probably right... I'll reply again if I hear anything new...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Ebay sellers search engine told me I needed a "FCC ID: KBRTS005"

After some research I found I actually needed "FCC ID#OUCG8D-246S-A"

Their search engine was wrong, but they will let me return them.

We shall see...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you had any luck finding a good source for a key FOB yet? I need one too and was quoted about 125 form the dealer. That's just too much for the stupid thing and I wont pay it just out of principal.

TIA,
John

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the keylesssuperstore on Ebay... I haven't actually got the new keys yet and tried them. I'm waiting on the return, because they gave me the wrong FCC ID Key.

$30 bucks each, costumer service seems good.

Just need to see if they work... I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have been doing some more research on this too. I found a few sellers but I am still unsure which one I need. I searched your FCC if and my remote looks similar but does not have a panic button. I have an 03 XL7. MY only current remote has its FCC sticker worn off about 7 years ago. Is there any other way to tell what remote or FCC id I need? Maybe a call to the ever decreasing dealers is in order?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Ebay sellers search engine told me I needed a "FCC ID: KBRTS005"

After some research I found I actually needed "FCC ID#OUCG8D-246S-A"

Their search engine was wrong, but they will let me return them.

We shall see...

The one i bought had the latter FCC# and worked like a charm first try... I posted instructions on a different thread,on the sequence for a 05 that i found on a website given by the eseller...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ended up doing my own research and figured out my 03 xl7 needed FCC ID: MOZD01TB which I then found on ebay, purchased and programmed successfully to the car. Hope this helps someone.
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts