Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day driving home (about 90 minutes on the road), my car had high rpms and acted like it didnt want to go when in drive (1st gear started our really slow). When at a stop sign, and trying to proceed, the car would rev up and begin to slowly roll forward as opposed to just taking off. When speed was finally built up, the car behaved just fine. I immediately thought "Oh no the transmission is slipping!". When I placed the car in park, and came back 10 minutes later, it drove like nothing was wrong. :confused:
*Note-recently I have been noticing some harder shift while building speed on the highway

I have read that it may need serviced for transmission fluid. My car has 142,000 miles on it. so i had my mechanic put a half a quart of transmission fluid in and it came back out all over the ground. I am unsure what to do next. i dont know if it is the fliter or a control/sensor or if the transmission is just no good. Any ideas of what this sounds like? Thanks-Jess

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the mechanic can't properly check your fluid level, try to find a new mechanic. I would first verify the fluid level and condition. Does the car still act up? Does the check engine light come on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts