Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza, 153,000 miles, 4 cylinder. I bought the car used and it had a incorrect idle of 2x1000 RPMS and the accelerator pedal doesn't push down smoothly, sort of as its stuck or giving resistance back. I have to push down hard on it whenever i let my foot up off of it, and then when i do push down hard the engine revs up because the force i have to push it down. it came up as code p0122 (Throttle Position Sensor).

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Pedal, cable or throttle body sounds like it seizing up. I suspect the code comes up because the throttle body/sensor does not return to it,s idle position. I would disconnect the cable at either end and then you can tell which bit is tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to a salvage yard and bought another throttle body . I'm hoping to just replace it or swap parts but hopefully this fixes the issue . I start the car and immediately it idled at 3000rpms ! Then the accelator pedal is giving me so much resistance to push down on it . ( the pictures are the "new" throttle body I purchased today). Any advice on cleaning this thing ?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
That motor driven throttle body you found is listed as 2006 onwards, but I guess you have a late 2005. This is controlled by an throttle pedal actuator rather than a cable. If the pedal is hard press it must be this..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a link and the part name / part # for that item ? And that throttle body I purchased is for a 2006+ throttle body ? I got it from the salvage yard

·
Registered
8,275 Posts
If you have a cable operated throttle, check the condition of the transmission (auto) kick down cable.. they are known to seize..

... Philip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i went to autozone and asked him questions about the throttle body, and he informed me that GM makes electrocial throttle body motors (idiots, right?), so what i did was bought throttle body cleaner and im gonna go to my mechanic and him and i will clean the new one, test the position sensor, and we'll replace it and make sure everything is operational. Hopefully this fixes the idling problem, some mornings ill start the car, it'll idle in park at 3,000 RPMS. then once i put it in drive, the transmission feels like it jerks a little bit at 10-20 MPH, then again around 40-50 MPH. then when i stop at a red light or stop sign while the car is in drive, the whole air intake above the throttle body will move rapidly while in place, causing the whole car to move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the issue, above the accelerator pedal, i found a spring that holds the pedal in place, and i sprayed it with WD-40, and cleaned it off and there was old grease in the springs. after that i noticed after coming to complete stops and driving high speeds once taking my foot off the accelerator pedal, to the breaks, and back to the accelerator pedal (If a car was turning in front of me is a perfect example), it was much much easier to accelerator again, pedal gave less resistance, but using cruise control, it would be hard to push down on again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chev Optra Suzuki Forenza Reno Daewoo P0122 DTC

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza, 153,000 miles, 4 cylinder. I bought the car used and it had a incorrect idle of 2x1000 RPMS and the accelerator pedal doesn't push down smoothly, sort of as its stuck or giving resistance back. I have to push down hard on it whenever i let my foot up off of it, and then when i do push down hard the engine revs up because the force i have to push it down. it came up as code p0122 (Throttle Position Sensor).
Check your throttle body housing seal where it meets the throttle body. If worn or damaged replace it. GM # 96455810 is a $5 part. This was the P0122 DTC issue on my 2005 Chev Optra (Canada) sister car made by Daewoo in South Korea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2005 Chev Optra Optra5 Suzuki Reno Forenza P0122 DTC

Replacing the TPS sensor pigtail connector was the solution to MY intermittent P0122 DTC on MY 2005 Optra5 that was haunting me for 5 months, after 2 licensed mechanics tried to diagnose the code and we're unsuccessful, I stumbled on the pigtail myself while searching online for other parts. Any car owner should try to diagnose their DTCs properly before taking my advice as gospel; this should go without saying, but it appears some veterans on here need to be reminded.

·
Registered
13 Posts
P0122 - Check to make sure TPS wiring harness / pigtail is not touching other components or other heat sources like the engine coolant antifreeze overflow hose that runs between the TPS on back of throttle body and the ECM on the firewall. Use cable ties to secure TPS wiring harness away from heat sources that may trigger an intermittent P0122 DTC.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Check your throttle body housing seal where it meets the throttle body. If worn or damaged replace it. GM # 96455810 is a $5 part. This was the P0122 DTC issue on my 2005 Chev Optra (Canada) sister car made by Daewoo in South Korea.
Even tho this was from 2017,

if you read post 10, you will find his issue was mechanical, and at the pedal, nothing to do with the throttle body and certainly not electrical.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This may not be completely relevant to original post, but DTC P0122 haunted me for months on my Canadian 2005 Chev Optra5 (sister car is Suzuki Reno / Forenza in USA), I would switch out sensors, the code would go out for a bit, then come back, I decided to get the transmission fluid changed at a reputable transmission garage, the mechanic said I also had a P1122 code. Anyway, since the tranny fluid was replaced the check engine light has stayed off, been 2 weeks. Worth doing anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts