Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing the TPS sensor pigtail connector was the solution to MY intermittent P0122 DTC on MY 2005 Optra5 that was haunting me for 5 months, after 2 licensed mechanics tried to diagnose the code and we're unsuccessful, I stumbled on the pigtail myself while searching online for other parts. Any car owner should try to diagnose their DTCs properly before taking my advice as gospel; this should go without saying, but it appears some veterans on here need to be reminded.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
considering the code is an "out of range" code, it can be caused by multiple issues, like bad grounds, bad power feed connections, broken wires, or dirty plugs. I have had one from a corroded fuse in the fuse box.

Parts cannon approach is a waste of time, replacing an alternator might fix it, but I would suspect the alternator was already faulty and low volts was the real cause.
The question should be "why did they replace the alternator to cure this code"?

Diagnose things properly first, each case is different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P0122 Chev Optra Suzuki Reno Forenza Daewoo Lacetti

P0122 - Check to make sure TPS wiring harness / pigtail is not touching other components or other heat sources like the engine coolant antifreeze overflow hose that runs between the TPS on back of throttle body and the ECM on the firewall. Use cable ties to secure TPS wiring harness away from heat sources that may trigger an intermittent P0122 DTC.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
P0122 - Check to make sure TPS wiring harness / pigtail is not touching other components or other heat sources like the engine coolant antifreeze overflow hose that runs between the TPS on back of throttle body and the ECM on the firewall. Use cable ties to secure TPS wiring harness away from heat sources that may trigger an intermittent P0122 DTC.
heat on the wiring will not cause P0122 codes unless the wiring harness is internally shorted or open circuited, or there is a bad connection that moving the wiring will change the pressure on a plug or a connection somewhere.

if you have a faulty loom or a connector thats not making good contact then tying it in a certain position MIGHT remove the issue and will mask the real cause and make you think you have fixed it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This may not be completely relevant to original post, but DTC P0122 haunted me for months on my Canadian 2005 Chev Optra5 (sister car is Suzuki Reno / Forenza in USA), I would switch out sensors, the code would go out for a bit, then come back, I decided to get the transmission fluid changed at a reputable transmission garage, the mechanic said I also had a P1122 code. Anyway, since the tranny fluid was replaced the check engine light has stayed off, been 2 weeks. Worth doing anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: P0122 DTC SOLVED: REPLACED ECM WITH RE-MANUFACTURED ECM FROM FLAGSHIP ONE: https://www.fs1inc.com/

DEALER REPROGRAMMED 1.5 HOURS LABOUR FOR INSTALL/REPROGRAMMING

2005 OPTRA5 NOW RUNS LIKE A DREAM; NO MORE INTERMITTENT P0122 DTC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts