Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to start? I purchased my forenza used a few years back with around 5k miles, it now has just under 45k. Shortly after getting it home the air bag light would not go off. No problem it was still under warrenty so I took it in and the problem was fixed. Or so I thought, I took it in a few more times for the same problem. Now that its out of warrenty it just stays lit.

Some time last year I noticed my parking break light would randomly come on. Now it just stays on along with the air bag light.

I also noticed last year that my check engine light was coming on. I ran the car to advanced auto and hand them run the check engine code it was something to do with the fuel or gas. While there i picked up a new gas cap and that solved the problem until yesterday. Now the light is back on and I have no idea why.

Obviously I need to take this car in but I'm wondering if there are any recalls I'm not aware of. I've never taken the car in for recall service so I want to check first. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advanced!
Jeremy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How could I forget, the SPSS light also comes on randomly. Seems to come on more during a cold day.

Thanks again!
Jeremy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have tha air bag light issue.. I was told numerous times to simply "wiggle" the wires under the driver's seat. works everytime, however, its rather scary.
Wiggling the wires worked for a little bit, but now the light just stays on.

As for the check engine like I had it checked out and it had to do with the car tempature so I checked the anti-freeze level and it was very low. I filled it up, but the light was still on during the drive home. I'll let it sit and cool down then check it again later.

Jeremy

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have no idea.. I have had electrical problems with mine since I rolled the thing off of the lot. Alot of times my passenger air bag off light stays on when someone is in my seat, but of course they can't find anything wrong with the electrical wiring in my car. and the locks on the inside like where you lock the doors the light doesnt work since they fixed my interior dome light with a wire harness... i think the electrical system in a forenza will inevitably mess up always.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
the wiring is the exact same in the reno and mine hasn't screwed up...i've had mine for 3 years and pulled off the lot with 158 miles on it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the engine light ended up being my fault...anti-freeze was low. The next morning the light went off. The airbag light is always on and the emergency break comes an goes but its mostly on. I haven’t seen the ssps in while but its warming up here, it only seemed to come on when it was really cold out. The whole thing just annoys me, I think this will be my last suzuki for a while.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have the same issue with my airbag light...ive taken it into the dealer more than 5 times just for that issues alone...and im definitely not exaggerating on that...as of right now my power steering light keeps coming on for no reason...im not low on fluid....this electrical nonsense of the 05 forenzas are annoying...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had the same problem with my lights too. The airbag light is on now and if I play with the wiring under the driver seat, it sometimes goes off. I've had it to the shop 4 times and they say it will cost me 200.00 next time, not under wrty. I have the SSP light come on when I make a quick turn, 300.00 it replace the sensor in the stearing columm. I'm never buying one again. It's never the autos problem, it's mine. The gas cap is crap too, the light comes on for that too

·
Registered
91 Posts
the SSP light does it look like a steering wheel with an exclamation point? because i think we might have the same problems on both...because whenenver i make fast turns the light appears then later on it disappears, its quite frustating...but does anyone know if the powersteering light is a major issue? is it something i should be concerned about?

·
Registered
89 Posts
SSPS light says SSPS.. the light that looks like a steering wheel with an exclamation point is the handbrake light.

SSPS light.. when it comes on, it signifies that the speed sensitive power steering does not work.. your power steering works fine, its just that steering won't stiffen up with your increased speed. It fails in cold weather when you do quick or sharp turns. Drive 10 mins and restart your engine if you would like to get it activated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When parking light break light randomly come on (or other ligths still on when u driving) try to do next:
- stop da car;
- turn to the neutral;
- push accelerator a little bit (x2000 rnds);
Then the lights must turn off

·
Registered
86 Posts
The airbag light that comes on and would go out if you wiggle the wires probably have either codes b1378, and/or b1382. There is a TSB on these codes. If the repair for these codes have been done under the tsb then you most likely need the airbag floor harness and either side side airbag. The brake light coming on could be your brake light switch, had problems with those. If you have the ssps light and/or the steering wheel light on you probably have a problem in the ssps system. Possible ssps sensor on the steering colunm, wiring problem from sensor to ssps contol module or the ssps module it self. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts