Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Forenza wagon auto trans. Runs fine but one rod bearing is starting to rattle a little bit. Everything works, car drives like new but I'm done putting time and money into it. I did the timing belt and head gasket a few months ago, tires are new, trans serviced regularly, interior has no stains or rips to speak of. Everything on the car held up incredibly well for 145,000 miles. If someone wasn't giving me a Sentra that just needs struts I'd drop a junkyard engine in this thing. I figured I'd ask here before taking off the tires and bringing it to the scrap yard for a few bucks. If someone wants the whole car $500 with 4 new tires on it. Going to get junked within the next couple of weeks.

John

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Damn if I was closer I would take it lol.

Surely you must be able to sell it for more than the scrapyard would give?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'd be close but it looks like it might be sold. Here's my logic:

Sell = $500 but take off half that since the battery and tires will go with it.

Scrap = $200 but I can grab the nearly new tires for my new car, and save the new battery for when I need it around $250. So it'd be about the same.

I told the guy coming tomorrow to bring cash and that I will not negotiate price. Kind of disappointed that it crapped out on me. For all its faults it was a nice driving car and was easy to work on.

Damn if I was closer I would take it lol.

Surely you must be able to sell it for more than the scrapyard would give?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car is sold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts