Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
Went to check the fluids today and the latch wouldn't unlatch the hood. I am somewhat mechanically inclined and think the the latch is actually broken or has come loose at the end under the hood. When I look at where it attaches inside the car everything looks okay and the steel cable is moving inside the black cable going to the hood release.
My question is does anyone know how to open the hood when this has happened? So I can repair it? I hope I'm clear in my question and if not just ask me to clarify.
thanks in advance,
Bunky

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. the first thing i would try is to have one person pull the hood release with the other person tries to pop the hood up. sometimes this works if its just kinda stuck. if not im really not sure what to do. ok just thought of something, you could try to remove the covers under the car and reaching up to the hood release from underneath. might not be the easiest but you might be able to get it from there. there is a mechanic on the forum maybe he'll see this post and have an answer. i can ask at the shop i hang out at tomorrow ans see if they have any ideas. ill let you know if i come up with something else. let us know if you make any progress..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts