Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm now the proud owner of my daughters 05 Forenza. No matter what I've done wheel & tire wise with this car, I still have a irritating front end shake. I've tried swapping rims (the original factory rims), tires, balancing, etc but when driving I have this annoying shaking in the front end.

I've heard the rims themselves may be soft and will bend easy. Hope you members will have some ideas on my issues. The car has 87K on it and it does have a warning light on that looks like a steering wheel. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi,. first off balancing a wheel will do just what it says balance the wheel making it as close to running perfectly round as possible so you will have a nice smooth drive. if a wheel is bent it wont balance correctly and the shop where you had the work done should have told you this. lets assume all the wheels have been checked and balanced correctly. the next thing would be a possible problem with the suspension or drive assembly. this could mean anything from a loose bolt to a bad ball joint. this would probably need to be diagnosed by a mechanic. if its a constant problem it shouldnt be to hard for a competent mechanic to track down.
now the little steering wheel thats on on your dash is the trouble light for the, i think its called, ssps. thats part of the power steering. basically the faster you drive the less steering assist you have and visa versa. this is to give the driver better feel of the road and a sportier drive. when theres a problem with the system, im not positive but, i think what you end up with is basically full time power steering. you should have the code read by a mechanic and see exactly what it says. some places like a pep boys or auto zone will read the codes for free. let us know what happens. any other questions just ask

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.