Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find photos of the new 2005 Aerio dash they have gone to analog and although I just bought a 2004 SX I would like to see what I am missing out on.

I always feel the sales pressure, and I always feel like your gettin' beat up when you walk out of the managers office.

Oh Well done deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2004 Suzuki Liana (the Australian version of the Aerio) and it has the analog dash in it! So I will take some pics of it as soon as I can.

And while I'm here...Does anyone know if Australia will get the AWD version? We only get a 1.8L VVT FWD down under. But it still goes great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just found a pic on the web for you of the analog dash. This is what mine looks like (Liana) execpt mine is a mirror image of course (RHD).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the photo that dash IMHO is a big improvement over the digital version.

I cannot help you out with the AWD question Canada has them available.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A member from another forum has recently recieved an email list of changes from his Suzuki Rep. For you Canadians in here, this appears to be a US model listing as the 'S' model for us is a hatchback. I've underlined what I think is important.

Originally posted by DavidELewis
Aerio SX and sedan: Powerfully Sporty
A subcompact sedan and sport crossover (SX) model with the following standard equipment: 2.3-Liter engine with 155-horsepower and 152-lb.-ft. of torque - a top-performer in its class; side and advanced airbags; automatic climate control; air conditioning; power windows, door locks and mirrors; keyless remote entry; in-dash AM/FM CD player with seven speakers including subwoofer; tilt steering wheel with integrated stereo controls; driver’s seat armrest and rear spoiler. A Consumer Digest "Best Buy" in 2003 and 2004.

Available features include: All-wheel-drive; ABS; 15-inch aluminum alloy wheels; fog lamps; in-dash six-disc CD player; silver interior door handles and interior chrome door locks.

2005 Aerio trim levels
- S: Well-equipped front-wheel-drive sedan, with air conditioning, a seven speaker CD audio system, and power windows and locks;
- LX: Better-equipped sedan, with 15-inch alloy wheels and an in-dash six disc CD audio system. Available in front-wheel drive or with "QuadGrip" All-wheel-drive System;
- SX: An even better-equipped sport crossover model. Available in front-wheel drive or with QuadGrip All-wheel-drive System.

Changes on all Aerio trim levels include a completely redesigned interior and sporty exterior additions:
- New front bumper, grille and fog lamp design
- Redesigned rear spoiler for sedan (LX, S)
- New "clear" rear combination lamp (SX)
- New-style 15-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- New "S" mark on front grille, center wheel cap, rear trunk/deck lid, steering wheel horn pad and key fob
- Automatic climate control
- Reconfigured instrument panel, steering wheel and console
- Integrated audio head unit with new steering-wheel stereo controls
- Change in instrument cluster from digital to analog
- Clock and outside temperature display on all models
- 12-volt accessory socket
- Redesigned transmission shift knobs (for manual and automatic)
- Introduction of advanced airbags for front passenger
- Side airbags for driver/front passengers
- Redesigned front-door pocket
- Repositioned outside door mirror switches
- Sunglass holder on driver’s side (above window)
- Upgraded seat fabric
- Addition of panic mode function on keyless entry system
- New exterior color: Techno Blue and Ice Blue

Additional changes on Aerio S
- Power door locks standard
- Silver-tone inside door handle and chrome-plated door lock knob
- Newly-designed rear trunk spoiler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a great list, I think Suzuki is moving in a good direction.

There seems to be a fair number of Canadians on this forum.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You're absolutely right about the Canadians thing. We Canadians with our Winter climate are HUGE fans of Suzuki reliability. I've been driving Suzuki exclusively since '93 and they have NEVER let me down (unless of course it was my own fault - I had a habit of leaving my Swifts lights on :D).

My previous two vehicles were both Buicks, I'd have had more problems with either of those in six months then I have of 12 years of driving Suzuki's.

'93 Suzuki Swift 1.3l
'03 Suzuki Aerio SX AWD 2.0l

·
Registered
197 Posts
It sure does look good, doesn't it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts