Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks... New to the site, but I've enjoyed the knowledge I've read thus far. Anyway, I think I'm going to pass on my XL7 project and offer it to the masses.
It's a 2004 XL7 with 151K, 4x4, auto, power options, cloth seats, pearl white, decent tires, no rust, no major body damage, good glass and all gauges and electronics work.
It needs an oil pump or a motor... I'm not sure if an oil pump will fix the truck, or if there might be other problems. It turns over, but sounds "tight" for lack of a better word. I'm saying it needs a motor as a "worse case" possibility for any potential buyer. I'd like to get $1200.00 for it as a complete car. I did drive this car when I first got it and it shifted smooth, the transfer case works perfectly. I believe there are plenty of perfectly usable parts on this truck for only $1200.00! I planned on a motor, but I just don't have the expertise to make it a fast enough swap.. I can't tie up a garage spot right now. Please feel free to PM me for any information that's needed. I'll gladly send pics to whoever would like some. The truck is located in Athens, GA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:
I started the XL7 today.. I don't think there is any internal failures "yet" with the motor, and an oil pump should fix the problem. I didn't run it for more than a min or two as to not screw it up any further.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts