Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post a picture of where this line is. Where it comes off the manifold and where it connects to the transmission. Based on the symptoms I am having driving my XL7 I think I may have a vacuum leak in this line somewhere. It is shifting into higher gears way too soon and requiring way too much throttle to kick down into lower gears and when it does I can hear the distinct sound of air escaping. I did check all the upper hoses and all are good. Engine is fine and throttle response is awesome in neutral and park.

BTW I have a 2.7l V6 and 4WD.

Thanks for any help with this.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Are you sure it has one? I don't think it does.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the automatics used on the Grand Vitaras/XL-7 have them, they are all electronically shifted

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
Looking at the 2000 engine and auto trans from a GV sitting in my shop, I think that Fordem is correct. I see no vacuum line associated, ALTHOUGH there is a mechanical cable connection that can be attributed to your shifting issue if inoperative. It runs from the throttle body / accelerator linkage into the left side of the tranny. They are known to part or seize up with rust.

That does nothing toward the air sound that you hear though. :huh:

Your best bet is a REPUTABLE Trans Shop for further evaluation if you haven't the time, tools or talent to explore.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
A 2004 XL-7 should have the later model 5 speed auto - which i believe doesn't have a lot in common with the earlier 4 speed. (eg. no cable for kick down.)

I too have never heard about any vacuum line to the transmission? Did someone tell there is one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information guys. No I am not sure it has one. But based on the ear test and the vehicles performance it just felt like a kick down issue and because of the air I hear when doing a hard acceleration it sounded that way.

Either way I am no longer worried about it and thank you goys for responding. This Vehicle has turned into a money pit over the last few years and I went out and replaced it last night. So adios Suzuki.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
But based on the ear test and the vehicles performance it just felt like a kick down issue and because of the air I hear when doing a hard acceleration it sounded that way.
That could be something simple like an exhaust blockage/ leak. Not that it matters now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts