Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Grand Vitara XL7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 2004 Grand Vitara XL7 which has the 2.7 lt engine, auto transmission, power sunroof/windows etc. The problem is the LED lighting around the tacometer, speedometer, and transmission shift position indicator in the instrument cluster all do not light up during daytime or night operation. The needle indicators on the cluster are all lit up as well as the climate controls (air conditioning, fan, etc) to the right of the steering column. I have checked the brightness roller switch including taking it apart and jumping the plug. I have also taken the instrument cluster out to confirm there are no "old school" bulbs to change as LEDs are used to illuminate cluster and warning lights. I have checked all fuses and all appear to be good. My next step is to get under the dash and see if I can find any damaged wires that lead to the cluster that power those LEDs as I am trying to eliminate all options before trying to locate a used cluster from a auto wrecker/breaker to see if it is the cluster itself.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Also does anyone know what colour wires I should be looking for that power those LEDs? Thanks for your advice/info in advance...

Persistant

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Car seat cover

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
These normally light up bright and dim when the headlights/sidelights are on. I assume looking at this that half the Led's go off with the headlights on. Cluster gets its info to dim from the body control module but shouldn't go out. I do believe the is brightness control just for the cluster but not a simple roller switch, I'll have to look in my owners book (UK GV model).
Product Rectangle Schematic Slope Font

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Maybe yours is Taiwwan spec shown above in the diagram, mine only has this option...

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2004 Grand Vitara XL7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Darrell. Unfortunately mine does not have this menu allowing me to adjust the brightness. It only has the roller switch.

·
Registered
2004 Grand Vitara XL7
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These normally light up bright and dim when the headlights/sidelights are on. I assume looking at this that half the Led's go off with the headlights on. Cluster gets its info to dim from the body control module but shouldn't go out. I do believe the is brightness control just for the cluster but not a simple roller switch, I'll have to look in my owners book (UK GV model).
View attachment 104351
Hey Darrell I’m not sure what I am looking for on the wiring diagram to identify what supplies the back lighting? What is the body control module? Much of the dim/brightness is controlled by the roller switch when the light switch is in certain positions. There is barely light to allow me to see the odometer numbers in any position as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts