Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Takes up to 15 minutes to fill up the gas tank on my son's 04 verona (problem has gotten worse over the past three months or so). I have seen posts (here and other sites) referring to the filler neck vent tube. My question is this: is the tube inside the filler neck or outside the filler tube (a separate flexible hose maybe?). If it is inside the neck tube, can I remove the filler tube without dropping the fuel tank and if so, how do I do that? I am very good with tools (Ihave a full compliment of them) and I do my own auto repair work so any help would be most appreciated. I have already addressed the EVAP canister and fresh air vent valve and no discrepancies were noted in those areas. HELP please!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more information...

I took a close look at the filler neck from above and below...no additional hoses or plumbing installed either in the filler neck or on the outside of the fller neck. Am I to assume then that refuel venting is accomplished through the EVAP system? By that I mean are the refuel pressures relieved by an open fill vent control valve (located on top of the fuel tank I believe)? I would very much appreciate anyone's qualified input on this as I have only seen some rather conflicting information to date.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got it resolved

Spent a lot of time under the car Christmas Eve and here is what I found. I did not have to drop the fuel tank; I found after I took off the right rear tire and filler neck that I had access to the flexible tube from the filler tube into the tank. I pulled off the flexible tube and found the check valve (anti-siphon?) at the base of the fuel inlet tube pretty sticky. I beat the heck out of it and sprayed just a little WD-40 onto it and exercised it a bit more. I then used about 15-20 psi air (from my small compressor) to blow into the tank. Air was coming out the line that feeds the EVAP cannister, so I knew that the refuel vapor valve, water separator, and all the lines were open (as they should be) and the lines were clear. Anyway, I put the car back together and took it tot he gas station where it refueled at a rate of about 1/10th gallon per second (huge improvement). I hope this info helps others that may be experiencing this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's the charcoal box by the gas tank. U can find a used one in a wrecking yard or buy a new one. I bought used and solved the problem instantly. The hose that connects could use a little cleaning too but ultimately it's the charcoal box

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same Problem

I had the same fueling problem. Removed the charcoal box from the car and forced air through it. Dried the charcoal out and then told daughter only to fill car to the first pump shut off and not overfill. Problem solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts