Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Suzuki Verona purchased new in 2005 and have not had any major issues with the car until the past year or so. I had lean system codes for bank 1 and 2, p0171 and p0174. I also received codes p0133, p0101, p0153 and a few others spuraticaly. In response to these codes, I changed the PCV, replacing vacuum tubes, changing fuel filter, air filter and o2 sensors. I had a dealer replace the throttle body. The p0171 and p0174 codes have not since returned, however, I found that a P0303 was now plaguing the car. I diagnosed this code as a problem with the 3rd cylinder. I replaced spark plugs, dealt with some wiring problems and swapped some of the coils around and saw no difference in the cylinder location.

I have noticed over the past year that gas mileage was suffering and that I seemed to be burning oil. Lately, I have been adding/changing oil as frequently as every couple weeks. After realizing that the engine was getting noisy, oil was continuing to disappear, and white smoke was rising from the oil cap and dipstick (blow-by?) I decided not to drive it even though it sees to be running ok.

The latest mechanic I spoke with stated that the problem is likely piston rings failing and pointed out that if the car is still fewer than 100k miles (it’s at 99093), I should get consideration for a claim on the powertrain warranty. I haven't had any luck with that. I am now considering selling the car for around $1000 or parting it out...WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? Has anyone had any luck parting out a verona? How much money do you think it will cost to deal with the car if it is the ring failure?

Thanks, tokylon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts