Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 2004 Suzuki XL7 two weeks ago. One week ago my husband was stopping at Albertson, s and put the brake on and also hit the gas pedal by accident and ran into a car parked in front of him. He did $2000. Damage to both cars. I picked the car up on Tues. and driving out of the body shop parking lot I put the brake on and hit the gas pedal also but fortunately no one was in front of me. Then coming into the driveway to night the same thing happen and I almost ran into the side of the house. What is going on with this car are the pedals too big or what. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
4,500 Posts
I had this problem we we first got it 2 years ago.. My wife never had this problem tho. You have to learn to put your foot firmly ON the brake pedal not on the corner. You will find it will not be a problem if you do this.

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed that the tires exhibited an unusual level of wear. I asked Suzuki's technicians if it was possible that they had mistakenly replace the tires, given the amount of simultaneous inspections they perform. They insisted that the level of wear looked normal, and that such mistake was not possible.
I have mentioned several times the excessive wear of the tires, and at the present time, when the vehicle has only 41000km, the tires have reached a state, which makes it dangerous to drive with the tires in this condition.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Super Moderator
4,500 Posts
I keep 35 psi of air in all 4 and rotate at 6000 miles and at 19k miles the tires are bearly 1/2 worn.. mostly city driving too..

Frank

·
Registered
197 Posts
The brake pedals of the XL-7 seem to be slightly larger than my old G35, but they are on par with my 300. Thankfully, I haven't had any problems. Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
20 Posts
6'7" and a size 15 here and never had the "toobigafoot" or "toowideapedal" thing yet. a little tight between the door and centre console on long drives,but i like to whine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts