Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a question if anyone could help me out please. I bought a used 2004 Suzuki Forenza, with a keyless entry system built-in (I've had the dealership check that I have it, and I have the red LED next to my driver's door lock, but it hasn't lit up since I've had the car). The thing is, the owner didn't pass on his remote <_< , so I bought a cheap keyless entry remote for a 2005 Suzuki Forenza from a junkyard. I tried programming the 2005 remote to work with my 2004 car, using multiple programming instructions I got off the internet, but I can't get it to work. From the parts numbers, I'm, assuming that 2004-2008 Forenzas all have the same remote, but I'm not sure (also, the remote is a part of the key). So here's my question: Does anyone know if the remote being for a different year would be the reason for it not working, or is it maybe that I somehow have to reactivate the keyless entry system again to get the remote to program correctly?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Each remote has its own individual code, otherwise you'd be able to open any Suzuki with factory remote. The dealer should be able to reprogram the remote or sell you one that will work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts