Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I joined this forum so i can contribute to this problem. I bought a used speedometer panel with a working lcd but the lcd wont display up so i decided to check for voltages. So with key on ON i was checking for voltage on every pin from the connectors. I noticed that the wire from the fuel sensor (color Yellow with red stripe) reads 3.8 V after ive read through all of the wires i then noticed that the odometer is on. It happened on the hottest part of the day probably 11-am to 12 noon. But now it doesnt work again in the afternoon i check for voltage now the yellow with red stripe wire reads 36 mili volts . I might've read the voltage wrong and now im stuck. So i guess it only turns in when you park it under the sun?
I have the same problem 2004 Suzuki mine sometimes works after I hear the buzzer for the key or the headlights on. When I hear the buzzer gauge works speedometer works for the key off I don’t hear the buzzer again and they don’t work.I am puzzled can’t figure it out I need help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, new to the forum so apologies if I make a mess of posting for a while. I have a 2005 Carry DA63T, 2WD. I live in the Caribbean so maintaining the vehicle can be challenging to say the least. I also have the fuel gauge/speedo going AWOL at times, just like other posters it seems to be temperature dependent. I've removed the instrument cluster (thanks Don for the tip, I had thought I'd spend days removing the panel) the circuit board and the connector pins look fine so my next step is to check the wiring at the plugs and further back if need be. At first sight it looks fine but then dry solder joints look just like good joints to me. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram ? I have searched around the internet and all I can find is the James Danko books available as hard copy in US or UK. If I order one it will take several weeks to get here (just like everything else) and if I can find one online it would save a lot of time and effort (everything coming here has to be cleared by customs and duty paid - add shipping and every price paid for goods doubles at least).
And finally, a word of thanks to everyone who posts answers to questions here, it's a tremendous help and beats paying a 'mechanic' here who often knows less about fixing things than I do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, new to the forum so apologies if I make a mess of posting for a while. I have a 2005 Carry DA63T, 2WD. I live in the Caribbean so maintaining the vehicle can be challenging to say the least. I also have the fuel gauge/speedo going AWOL at times, just like other posters it seems to be temperature dependent. I've removed the instrument cluster (thanks Don for the tip, I had thought I'd spend days removing the panel) the circuit board and the connector pins look fine so my next step is to check the wiring at the plugs and further back if need be. At first sight it looks fine but then dry solder joints look just like good joints to me. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram ? I have searched around the internet and all I can find is the James Danko books available as hard copy in US or UK. If I order one it will take several weeks to get here (just like everything else) and if I can find one online it would save a lot of time and effort (everything coming here has to be cleared by customs and duty paid - add shipping and every price paid for goods doubles at least).
And finally, a word of thanks to everyone who posts answers to questions here, it's a tremendous help and beats paying a 'mechanic' here who often knows less about fixing things than I

·
Registered
2 Posts
A quick update.... I haven't fixed it but I decided I'd get nowhere without the wiring diagrams so I bought the James Danko hard copy manual from Amazon. After the usual few weeks it arrived and as I'm not an auto electrician It's taken me a while to figure it out. It only has diagrams and lists, no text. The wiring harness is a number of harnesses connected together by multi pin connectors. One of these connectors carries the feed to all the bits that have gone awol, by the time the feeds get to the panel they are spread over both the connectors into the panel. So it seems more likely to be a problem with the single connector - time will tell if I'm right. So now I have to find that connector which isn't as easy as it sounds, the manual doesn't give physical locations for the connectors, the diagrams seem to indicate it's behind the engine, possibly near the gearbox, maybe under the flatbed. There isn't much space and there's at least one protective shield, it may be that I have to remove the flatbed and look down rather than crawling around looking up. I'll post again when I've made more progress.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts