Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1987 MK1 & 2014 MK4 Suzuki Swifts
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

As much as I love my little Alto the seats aren't the best and are causing issues for me on long journeys and to my Mum who has back problems. Has anyone successfully transplanted seats from another Suzuki of the era or another car entirely into one? I'd love to get some ideas from you all on this.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
Dalton

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update!: I managed to test fit some Mk.1 Toyota Yaris seats and to my amazement the locating pins fit the factory holes! The only issue is the welded tabs where the bolts mount are in in all the wrong places so the plan is to get my hands on some Yaris seat rails to slice, dice and weld until they fit securely and then get some less smoke-stained seats to fit them. Hopefully I'll be able to have some sort of guide for people to do this to their own 03-09 Altos as Yaris seats are sooo much nicer than the stock seats.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Don't forget to check your insurance implications as its a modification to the vehicle, and a reasonably significant safety concern.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's very early days yet and I'm a stickler for the rules so I'll be updating my insurance when the time comes. I'll be getting the rails professionally welded so they're not going to break as soon as I sit down too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts