Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Forenza that I put about 30K miles on per year. The car has been great overall, but I keep getting a intermittent check engine light, that seems to go away when the temperature gets warmer. I had this problem previously and the dealer replaced a fuel tank purge system solenoid (or some such animal) and the problem went away for about 6 months. The car's performance is not effected and the gas milage seems to be fine.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Does anyone know what is involed to replace this solenoid. It was originally replaced under warranty, but it seems it was about a $500 repair if I had to flip the bill.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would suggest taking the car to AutoZone or PepBoys and getting the code out of the computer, (they will do it for free) instead of trying to guess what might be wrong.

It could be something as simple as an OXYGEN SENSOR going bad, about a 2 minute fix.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Without a code no idea.

Common non-drivability issue CEL issues seem to be EVAP leaks (gas caps, vent valves, purge valve) or cat efficiency codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello francster! I have the same 2004 Forenza. I have a check engine light too and the code is P0134 and I believe that is the Oxygen Sensor. My problem is I don't know where that sensor is located. I will appreciate any clue you can give. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
there is one sensor on the exhaust manifold off of the engine after the first cat. there is a second under the car after the second cat. it sticks out of the exhaust pipe and has wires coming out of it (not making fun just dont know if youve ever seen one before)

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Hello francster! I have the same 2004 Forenza. I have a check engine light too and the code is P0134 and I believe that is the Oxygen Sensor. My problem is I don't know where that sensor is located. I will appreciate any clue you can give. Thanks in advance.
Does it say front or rear sensor?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 06 had the Catalytic throwing intermitent CEL's. Replaced under warranty and no issue since.

Common CEL seems to be the gas cap though. Make sure it's tight or replace it. It's probably about the cheapest, easiest fix aside of the O2 Sensor (price wise of course).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forenza check engine light

Greetings,

I have a 2004 Forenza that I love. It has been a great little car but last year my check engine light came on. It was the code for a samll gas leak like a loose gas cap, so I got another gas cap. A few months later it came on again with the same code so I took it to a certified place and they ordered a factory gas cap. Well that lasted about 2 months then it started coming on again with the same code. I do not have the money for this place to "dig in and find the problem". What should I do? My check engine light is shining like a Christmas tree. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts