Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought my first post might be too much for most to want to read so here is a more to the point version:

2004 Suzuki Aerio
82,000 miles
35 miles per gallon
Good air conditioning
Interior perfect
Body is good other than some rust and molding issues around the wheel part of fender.

Problems:
Needs oil pan, leaks oil, I have not started it until I can assure it is holding oil.
Fix with aluminum epoxy or JB Weld? Pay $500 or however much to have it fixed?
Something underneath is rubbing, not grinding when driving
Engine and transmission are in perfect shape (accept for oil pan)
There is an evap code
2 of the struts have a cracked spring but it does not interfere with operation

I am looking for some advice and suggestions about what to do with this car. How much can I get for it if everything were fixed? How much could I get for it the way it is now, selling to someone that can do the work themselves?

Thanks!

Hi,

Someone calling themselves my friend for years totally and deliberately ripped me off selling me a 2004 Suzuki Aerio that was riddled with serious problems within 6 months of buying it. My guess is he put "band-aides" on everything just to get rid of it. He is a used car dealer through and through.

The first thing was the Mass air flow sensor, I think it was called, that was causing it to stall on the highway. I fixed that by blowing it out. Then something was rubbing underneath which was a heat shield coming unwelded and rubbing on the drive shaft. Then a problem with the back tire wearing from a bad strut. When getting that fixed the guy told me the oil pan was going to need to be replaced as it had holes in it. Then the other 3 struts all had cracked springs. The gas tank could not be filled because it would leak. Then it caused and evap problem as a code was being thrown. Also some of the molding was falling off and now there is rust in places. I finally was forced to get another car. The Aerio was in my driveway and I would start it every week or so and drive it up the road. At some point I heard something rubbing like a brake or something underneath again. One day I happened to notice oil on the ground after moving the car and realized the oil pan must have gotten worse. So now I cannot keep it started periodically, because of the oil problem. I tried to move it by pushing it the other day and it seems to be locked up, either the breaks from sitting there or something else.

I thought if the oil pan just had some small holes or cracks I could used JB Weld or aluminum epoxy type stuff to fix it temporarily. I thought maybe I could try to sell it to someone that can work on it themselves.

It only has 82,000 miles on it and the engine and transmission run fine... when it will hold oil that is. I was able to get 35 miles per gallon with it. The interior is very good. It just needs all these things fixed. It would cost way too much to have this work done. I don't have the tools or place to work on it or the desire to do the work myself like I used to do. I'm looking for some advice and suggestions on how to proceed with this. I have seen 2004 Aerios with twice the mileage or more selling for as high as $4,000 in some parts of the country. I don't think I have seen any Aerios in any condition selling around here in upstate New York. How much does anyone think I could get for it in it's present condition? What would any of you do?

Thanks!

VH

·
Registered
13 Posts
$600-900 to be honest. These cars have no real value if they have issues. Good running ones with no issues other than a scratch or dent and minor rust go for more but not in the condition you're talking. Stuck brakes, bad coil springs, bad oil pan. Most people won't give it a second glance. You would make more money parting it out at this point. Or hope you find an Aerio enthusiast.

All the things you stated can be fixed with know how, time, and tools. Maybe with new struts, coils, and a patched and painted pan you can make some money back.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
2 of the struts have a cracked spring but it does not interfere with operation
wait till one breaks and spears you across the road head on into another vehicle. this should be first on the list of repairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts