Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Aerio that has a bad ac compressor. I would like to just bypass it. I have google'd to death to try and find the correct belt length, does anyone know it?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm trying to do the same thing, did you figure out the correct length for the serpentine belt without ac compressor installed? I have a 2004 Aerio S.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,083 Posts
You can just run a piece of small diameter rope through the proposed belt path and measure the accumulated length to acquire the belt length.

Trouble is, will the newly proposed belt path hit any obstructions that the old path allowed missing? :huh:

Also a "bad compressor" won't keep the engine from running properly if you disconnect the wire to the clutch portion. Assuming that the clutch isn't the issue of course.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, I believe the path will be clear, the service manual shows this as an option, I just could not find a belt for sell in the "w/o ac" configuration. I have considered putting the compressor back on as a place holder if I could not figure out the correct belt length. I will use your string method. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts