Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am a long time forum member and the original owner of a 2003 Suzuki XL7 in Brick NJ USA. In my 35 years of car ownership having owned probably 30 or more vehicles. I can undoubtedly say this vehicle has the absolute most reliable vehicle I have ever owned even better than my 80 series land cruisers. for 16 years and 300K miles, this vehicle has needed practically nothing except for many front brake pad changes. I have looked after it and treated it very well also with regular Mobil one oil changes, transmission fluid changes, and other normal preventative maintenance.

Sadly, after all, these years of fine service this workhorse XL7 has finally met its demise at the hands of one of my 18-year-old daughter's friends. Her friend who was borrowing the car at the time and decided that there was no need to inconvenience herself by stoping after the bright red lights on the dash came on and the car smelled like a vat of boiling antifreeze. She continued to drive on, Max AC blasting in the hot NJ August sun until the car would run no more.馃槩

At this point in time, As much as I love the platform, I do not have the time or energy to make the repair. I would like to offer this vehicle up here to another enthusiast to either fix her or use her for parts so she can somehow continue to live on. I can proudly say at the time of her demise every single system on the car was fully functional including the Air condition and 4wd. The car had no other issues and had recently passed NJ state inspection. Not too long ago I had cleaned and replaced the EGR systems and had also cleaned the intake manifold and replaced the rubber hoses in the middle of the V under the intake that heat soak fail over time. I am asking 950 for he car as she sits but I am open to offers if she goes to the right home. The title in hand showing an odometer statement of 3 miles and there is no rust on the car.

If Suzuki made this EXACT vehicle today with a full-frame, Part time Transfer case, low range 4wd and 3 rows of seats, I would buy it again brand new in a heartbeat.

Feel free to give me a call or email with any questions. thanks, John (seven 3 too) seven46 two7OO hotmako at yahoo dot com

Please note In these pictures the Xl7 is running my 80 series Land Cruiser's rims with oversized tires utilizing billet aluminum 6 lug adapter plates. I have since removed these wheels and returned the original Suzuki rims and tires.

Attachments

Registered
Oh man. Wrong coast, but I'd snatch that up today if we were closer. I even have an engine sitting in my shop..

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you on the wrong coast?:) My daughter goes to school in LA and we shipped a car there for her this January for 900 all in. Seemed pretty reasonable to me. You could probably do it for less if your not in a rush for it. We needed it there asap for her start the semester.

Registered
Western MT. By the time we paid someone to ship a dead car I'd be looking at just as much as a running one here, so it just doesn't make sense for me. Plus, the wife has started making pointed comments about all the other projects I have laying around. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I understand how that goes!!! I guess I will put it on Craigs to see if there is any interest locally.

Any other enthusiasts want this? Talk to me. I am negotiable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts