Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new here so excuse me if this issue has been reporter before. I searched around but couldn't find anyone with this same issue. My sister has an 03 xl7 and this issue just started today. She lives in st. Kitts and I'm here visiting for spring break, driving her car. The roads here are pretty terrible so all suspension has probably taken a beating. It's a left hand drive so it's probably from the US but I don't know how long it's been here. It just turned 104k miles today. She's only had it a few months but it was running great until today, aside from a little play in the steering. Today I took it on a small back road that goes to a nice beach which is pretty washed out and rutty. I've taken it down there a few times before and she goes there all the time. I drive a 335i and everyone always gets on me about how careful I am over bumps so I always take it easy. So I came back out or that road slowly and didn't notice hitting any ruts hard or anything but I noticed next time I turned into a dirt parking space the brake pedal was pulsing as if the ABS kicked in from slipping on ice. But later I realized it's now doing this anytime I brake while the wheel is slightly turned. Also, there is now a loud wheel bearing type noise that increased with speed. The car still runs good and it's not with engine speed, but with vehicle speed. When turning the brake feels very soft, also, so I want to get this figured out before I leave to make sure she stays safe. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd start by pulling off both front wheels and taking a good look at the brake hardware & pads. Before you take the wheels off, give them a good spin and check for any play in the bearings. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd start by pulling off both front wheels and taking a good look at the brake hardware & pads. Before you take the wheels off, give them a good spin and check for any play in the bearings. Good luck.
Sweet, I'll try that in the morning and report back. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Super Moderator
13,067 Posts
Pulsing brake pedal may point to warped rotors - rarely visible to the naked eye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts