Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2003 aerio 2.0 automatic hatchback. It has 160,000 miles on it and has been running a little rough on the engine lately (requiring multiple starts occasionally) I pulled the spark plugs on it and found that none of them are getting any spark. I have no check engine light on except for the check when the key is first turned. The engine does crank but nothing happens. My thoughts are that it may be a camshaft sensor. Is there a way to test this? Also, if this is the problem is it something that is easy to fix? I live in Ohio and it has been cold lately if this helps.

Thank you

·
Administrator
16,334 Posts
Get a volt meter and measure the voltage across the two outer pins in the coil connector - you should have 12V with the ignition on - if you do, the ECU, for whatever reason) is not sending the signals necessary to fire the coils.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it to the dealer in town and they want to replace the ecu. Buying it from them is 750 dollars so i told them i'd order one myself. now i'm at a loss, they seem to have some sort of serial code after the name. Can i use any of these in my car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like this: 02 03 SUZUKI AERIO SX ENGINE COMPUTER ECU ECM AUTO TRANS FWD 2.0 33920-55GQ or 03 Suzuki Aerio 2.0 ECU Engine Computer 1V 33920 54GQ0 etc.

·
Administrator
16,334 Posts
As a general rule, automotive parts have part numbers - 33920 in a Suzuki part number means it's an ECU, the next 5 characters tell you which ECU it is, which vehicle it belongs to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of the ecu's marketed for this my aerio seem to have different serials. Do you know if there are different subcategories of them for the same year, make, model, etc?

Sorry to be a pain about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts