Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've been looking into buying a tow bar kit for my 2003 Jimny.

A "Full" flange type kit with electrics, tow ball etc is available on ebay for £120 GBP.

But I can't see (looking at the Jimny) where it would fix to...:confused:

Has anybody fitted a towing kit recently, and where did they get it / where exactly does it bolt on to?

Also, does the bumper need to be removed for fitting?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess you are in UK. I got mine mail order (no electrics) from Towsure as it totalled (item plus shipping) as the cheapest at the time. Wiring kits are pretty cheap as seperate items, so check them out too. The instructions with the towbar are very clear as to where on the chassis the bolt holes line up - no drilling needed and you don't have to remove the bumper (although that might give better access). I did get a mobile auto electrician to wire it for me as it's tricky to lead the cable to a suitable connection point and I wasn't sure of the job but he knew what wires do what. Take care to ensure the cable is fastened well away from the exhaust. If it touches the heat can burn through the insulation.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I would invest in an electrics kit from a main dealer, they will have the plug in type. The cheap towbar kits are usually the Scoth-Lok type which can lean to unreliable electrics after a winter or two.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts