Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOTE: Four remotes can be programmed at the same time. If a fifth remote is programmed, the oldest one will then be cleared. Program four new remotes to delete any existing remotes!

1. Confirm that all the doors are closed and the ignition key is out of the ignition cylinder.
2. Open the driver’s door.
3. Perform these steps within 10 seconds: Insert the key into ignition and turn the ignition switch to the ON position, then back to the OFF position and remove key.
4. Within 20 seconds, close and open the driver’s door three times.
5. Within 10 seconds, insert the key into the ignition and turn the ignition switch to the ON position, then back to the OFF position and remove key.
6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the remote for at least 5 seconds. Release both buttons.
7. Within 5 seconds, press the LOCK button on the remote and release. All doors will automatically lock and unlock to confirm that remote has been properly programmed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Thanks for the info re remote program. I was thinking about buying an extra one. My Suzuki dealer was letting me beleive that it was a job that required speciliast equipment.
I have a 2002 5 Door Grand Vitara, it is not easy finding out information about them. Haynes do not seem to have a manual yet. I would like to know how the transfer box works.
Thanks
Ben

·
Super Moderator
4,500 Posts
sorry guys 02's and 01's *CANNOT* be reprogramed.. Only 03's on can be... You have to buy a whole NEW system on an 01 and 02 if you want a new transmitter.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yep^^ He's right. 99-00 had replaceable, reprogrammable remotes, 01-02's had a hokey non-programmable system requiring a complete system upgrade. After the upgrade then yeah, you can replace and reprogram. The upgrade kit came with an owners manual supplement explaining the remote relearn sequence. In 03 they used the upgraded system from the beginning.

Hope that helps.

And to think we almost bought a Tahoe and traded the 'zuki. y'all woulda missed me!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just an idear, but why don't we make a sticky outlineing this topic? Maybe showing the year breakdown and the process to reprogram?

Like I say, only an Idear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts