Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently bought a 2002 XL7 with 173,000 miles. I drove it for 3 weeks and the Service Engine Soon light came on. Local parts store put a reader on it and it said the Bank 1 O2 Sensor 1 needs to be replaced. I've bought one, $128.00 :eek: I've googled it and I hope I'm replacing the right one. This one is in the exhaust on the left side of the engine. It is at the back of the engine on the inside of the exhaust. The connector is in the middle of the engine between it and the firewall.

I was able to get the sensor to unscrew, but I fought in the 22' F weather for over and hour and never could get the plug to unplug. I finally gave up and put the sensor back in to wait for a warmer day.

What is the trick for getting the plug to disconnect? Am I replacing the correct sensor? I read somewhere about a front sensor and a back sensor. So I hope I've got the right one located.

I think ALL engineers should be required to spend at least ONE YEAR working on what they will be designing before they ever touch a CAD program. Would it have hurt them to put the plugs where they could be accessed a LOT easier?

Thanks in advance!
Don

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MAX! I had searched for O2 sensor and got a lot of other stuff, one or two treads that did mention them but not specifically how to get at that stupid plug location. I was an airplane mechanic for 15 years and never had a plug defeat me before yesterday on my Suzuki... :lol:

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts