Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Somehow the previous owner of my 2002 Esteem destroyed both rear speakers and bent the rear seat frame so badly that the driver's side easily latches back into place but the passenger side is bent forward about three inches and you have to put all your weight into it to get it to latch back in place.

The speakers were replaced very quickly mainly out of annoyance of having no bass in the music but the rear seat is just one of those things that I have put up with until now, it rains a lot here so the seats in the junk yards are often soaked and moldy, so my question is...

Does anyone know where I can order a rear seat for this car online? And before you tell me to Google it I already have.

Thanks,

-Jim

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thank you that was very helpful, there are seats all over the place here in Oregon although some are a bit of a drive.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome.

Suggest you go the ones nearest to you.

All is easy when you know how.
Now we know the secret location of Gymnasium(a state secret).

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, as luck would have it my local scrap yark had a 2001 Esteem with the exact same color pattern for the seats as my 2002, and while the bottom half of the back seat was wet from rain leakage the upper half that I needed was dry and didn't have a single stain on it.

I also found a piece of trim and an oil dip stick that I needed while I was there :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also found a piece of trim and an oil dip stick that I needed while I was there :)
Lucky! I have looked all over for a new dipstick, with no luck, at least for a reasonably priced one. Using a paper-clip through the top to get mine in & out...
Great car, oh suzuki why such a flimsy dipstick?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucky! I have looked all over for a new dipstick, with no luck, at least for a reasonably priced one. Using a paper-clip through the top to get mine in & out...
Great car, oh suzuki why such a flimsy dipstick?
I don't know why it is so flimsy either, its probably a case of heat dis-temperament and over time the plastic just gets brittle, I merely -bumped- mine and I didn't even bump it very hard and it just snapped off, pretty much ruin my evening as I was about to close the hood and was just putting away my tools when it happened.

But I know about how often this engine needs the oil needs checked and just pried a screw driver under it to pop it up so it wasn't that big of a deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts