Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd to me:
1: My "service engine soon" light doesn't come on until the motor is turned off.
Why not upon ignition on before start yet no codes which fails emission test not allowing registration.
2: Installed a tilt wheel with cruise controls, any ideas of which vehicles I might find or buy the other components?
I suck at cruising without cruise control,,

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,101 Posts
Confirm you have ALL the power and Grounds at the ECU... If your KAM (keep alive memory) is not maintained you will no retain any codes or monitor READY data..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I haven't done more than drop and change all lube to synthetic (twice in motor), yet it runs strong w/ no noise, "od" button seams spot on & "power" switch functions great.
I replaced all the instrument micro lights but that ck engine light has me baffled.
You mention there may be more strings?

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
If the CEL does not illuminate on initial key on (not start) you need to check the main power feed to the ECU.
If the CEL illuminates after engine start, you need to connect a scanner and retrieve the code before turning the ignition switch to off..
If you have a code at this stage but it disappears once the Key is turn to off, you have a power feed (KAM) missing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feed, when I retrieve my multimeter I will do just that providing my un-articulate hands can get to the source

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
You will be best served by using an incandescent test light as that provides a load for proper diagnostics..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts