Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am having the same problem, my 2002 Suzuki Aerio SX, was running last night (Tuesday evening, August 31, 2010.) I drove it home from college (full time student).

I parked it for the night. Got into it this morning (Wednesday, September 1, 2010), it cranks but refused to start.

I had classes today, so took public transportation.

Just quickly asked brother-in-law to use his diagnostic's checker tool, hooked up to my car.

Showed NO CODES AT ALL. Nothing in stored codes or anything.

Dark (nighttime here now, NY), so can't do much in the dark, too late for trouble light work. (No garage).

Tomorrow, Thursday, Sep't. 2nd, I'm starting with (as best I can) with the preliminary checks, spark, fuel, air flow (for combustion.)

However, I am only trained from self mechanics repairs and routine maintenance, on older model vehicles. Ones that had conventional spark plug wires to check for spark, fuel line, will trace, and turn key for electric fuel pump working.?

I have NO repair manual, (book), just got the car used from a friend.

I'm not sure about the spark plug / coil packs (think that they are called)? How to check for spark..?

Any help and idea are appreciated...

As I said, NO codes, haven't found any blown fuses yet, etc...

Thanks!

Have a nice day, evening...

God Bless,
Ed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - Car Is Running Again !

Update - Car Is Running Again ! :D

My brother and brother-in-law with further online searching and troubleshooting have my car running again...!

They were reading online, where the information suggested that they check the fuel pump relay.

Now, mind you, I have NOT been able to find a repair/service manual for the car, so I could not tell what relay did what?

They were working on the car, while I was in my home searching for still other possible solutions, and then they started it and it was running...! :D

What they did, was, remove ALL the relays, and reseated them one by one.

The relay terminals they said looked very clean, no signs of any corrosion or residue, but not sure if possibly a problem inside the relay/fuse box/panel, with the main wiring..?

Later we shall address looking into this more.

So, thanks for the help from all involved...

I'm happier now, and will be able to drive my Suzuki Aerio again..! :sunce:

Thanks!

Have a nice day/evening...

God Bless,
Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts