Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I bought a swift off a guy and tested it out on a day of delivering pizzas.
Love the little thing. Gets great gas milage plus has a lot more pic up and go in traffic weaving than I expected.

So my only problem I have is that its so hard to steer. Almost feels like manual steering like my old 67 ford had. Hard to steer on take off but if wheels are moving you can steer better. Kinda limited me on getting into good parking spots.

So I pop the hood and honestly I've never dealt with such a small engine and compactness of what's under the hood.
I just thought I would ask here first if this is how the car steers normally and if not someone point me in the right direction of starting to diagnose it myself.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you have power steering, there should be a pump and probably a separate fluid reservoir mounted higher up on the right side of the engine bay - most likely back near the firewall.

Unfortunately my latest manual only goes up to 2000.

it is possible you have PS, but no fluid in the system.

My own toy is basic rack and pinion.

If you do have PS - you should check it immediately because running it while dry of fluid can cause serious damage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chances are that it has Electronic Power Steering, if so it will have a warning light on the dash EPS which comes on when the ignition is on but out when started. My complaint with EPS is too much assistance and feels dead. If the light stays on the chances are that the EPS is not working 100%

1 - 4 of 4 Posts