Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 XL7 and one of my Remotes didnt work, Replaced the battery and it still is not working.
Can anyone tell me how to program this remote ? /{or do I need to bring this into the Dealer?}

6/15/2008

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
wrong. 01 and 02 remotes CANNOT be reprogrammed. They ripped you off.. You have to buy a new complete programable (03- up)system and have it installed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
wrong. 01 and 02 remotes CANNOT be reprogrammed. They ripped you off.. You have to buy a new complete programable (03- up)system and have it installed.
Umm...where was I wrong? Did I not say he'd have to go to the dealer to get a new one?

Regardless, Suzuki (GM) should be able to provide a replacement key programmed to his existing system, which is on file indexed by his VIN number.

If you're calling THAT wrong, prove it.

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
well. considering the fact that you changed your post after I wrote that... you originally said that a dealer can reprogram it. Which is incorrect.. and he does not want a replacement key anyway.. He asked how to reprogram a transmitter he bought.. Which he can't.

Umm...where was I wrong? Did I not say he'd have to go to the dealer to get a new one?

Regardless, Suzuki (GM) should be able to provide a replacement key programmed to his existing system, which is on file indexed by his VIN number.

If you're calling THAT wrong, prove it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
well. considering the fact that you changed your post after I wrote that... you originally said that a dealer can reprogram it. Which is incorrect.. and he does not want a replacement key anyway.. He asked how to reprogram a transmitter he bought.. Which he can't.
What the hell are you reading? I didn't change anything! Do you see any "Edited" on my post? Also, he didn't buy a transmitter, he bought a VEHICLE and one of the transmitters than came with it doesn't work. So he was wondering if he can reprogram the existing one (that came with it) or does he have to go to the dealer, and I said he has to go to the dealer.

Dude, you seriously need to pay more attention.

See that "Last edited by Jet-Lee" on this one? Why isn't that on the first one, if I so edited it? Even you can't take that tag off your own post.

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
I apoligize.... I musta read something that was not there.. I coulda sworn.. But I was mistaken.. anyway.. like I posted originally. the 01 and 02 transmitters cannot be reprogrammed.

What the hell are you reading? I didn't change anything! Do you see any "Edited" on my post? Also, he didn't buy a transmitter, he bought a VEHICLE and one of the transmitters than came with it doesn't work. So he was wondering if he can reprogram the existing one (that came with it) or does he have to go to the dealer, and I said he has to go to the dealer.

Dude, you seriously need to pay more attention.

See that "Last edited by Jet-Lee" on this one? Why isn't that on the first one, if I so edited it? Even you can't take that tag off your own post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Key Fob Programming for 2001 XL7

Hey Guys,

I didn't mean to cause a disagreement ... But I do appreciate the response,
Sounds like it's off to the dealer with this then.

I'll have to check out both the Suzuki and GM Dealer for this, my old car has gotta come first - this is Back to The Fifties (BTTF) / MSRA Weekend 12,000 plus cars 1964 and older.
If your into cars like I am you should check out the MSRA Web Site
{MSRA = Minnesota Strret Rod Association}

Thanks again - I'll let you know if I can come up with an easier way to do this from one of the Techs at the dealer.

MN36olds

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
yep, I am familiar with that show too. We go to most of the shows around this area too.

There is nothng the dealer can do besides try to sell you a whole new system and install it. The fobs are not programmable.. Mine does a year ago and I just use my key to open and lock .. like the old days:)

Hey Guys,

I didn't mean to cause a disagreement ... But I do appreciate the response,
Sounds like it's off to the dealer with this then.

I'll have to check out both the Suzuki and GM Dealer for this, my old car has gotta come first - this is Back to The Fifties (BTTF) / MSRA Weekend 12,000 plus cars 1964 and older.
If your into cars like I am you should check out the MSRA Web Site
{MSRA = Minnesota Strret Rod Association}

Thanks again - I'll let you know if I can come up with an easier way to do this from one of the Techs at the dealer.

MN36olds

·
Super Moderator
4,453 Posts
no, battery run down does not effect programming. The circuit board breaks inside the fob rendering it uselesss and the ones people buy off ebay only work on 03 -up where you can reprogram a new fob to the main box. On 01 and 02, the whole box(system) has to be replaced if you want new fobs.

Do they(key fobs) lose their programming when the battery dies, or what? That'd be kinda funky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remote entry Key Fob not working

If your Key Fob (single) is not working, it may be the button switch or other component needs re-soldering. It may also be oil / grease worked into the switch. To clean out oils inside switch, place a drop of alcohol and work switch, blotting up any stuff which oozes out. You may have to repeat the cleaning process a few times to get all the oily gunk out.
Also you should check that the dome light is not on with ALL the doors CLOSED, as this will interfere with the remote.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts