Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Grand Vitara XL-7. Windows are closed but after it rains I notice the front driver & passenger mats are damp, but after a windy downpour they are soaked. How's the rain getting in? Any ideas. Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Check the heater.. It can sometimes fill with water when the drainage pipe is blocked..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yup i agree. And usually it will be a spider egg case. You just started using the a/c and all the moisture is building up. Easy fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
heater leak location

Hey JerseyJo did you find the source of the leak?

Hi Magnat007 and 96Geotrack for the heater where exactly would one check? Can I look under hood or beneath the car?

I'm not a motorhead (I only change the oil on my motorcycle) so perhaps I need to have a mechanic do the checking.

I have a 2004 XL-7 and I hardly ever run the AC since I bought it in 2010. One or two weeks each year on average. Ran heater pretty regularly 2 - 3 months a year when we were in Idaho. Car has been garaged almost 100% since 2010. Don't know details before then.

I've only averaged about 2000 (two thousand!) miles a year on this SUV since 2010 !! Super low miles over the last 5 years.

Any advice is appreciated... I'm losing my mind trying to find source and fix since we only have a 1 car garage right now.

Thanks, Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts