Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 2001 XL-7 that I am trying to find roof rack bars for. A friend is giving me a Thule carrier but I need to locate the bars and have had a heck of a time.
I did find some universal ones on Ebay from a company called K2 Motor but it specifically says it won't fit the "Grand Vitara". Does this mean it won't fit the XL-7?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a set of Universal clamp on type bars on my XL-7 they clamp onto the existing roof rails..I am using them to attach an Awning and Kayak carrier to it.

I just looked up that company and 53 inch ones should fit.. but thats no guarantee.
When I entered into EBAY Universal Roof Racks for a 2002 XL-7 they came up.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
dannickace - where are you located?

Amazon.com: 54" Universal Fit Steel Roof Crossbars: Rage Powersport Products: Automotive

The link above is a 54" wide universal crossbar set on Amazon's website - if you look at the pictures on the site you'll see it's shown fitted to a blue Grand Vitara - I can also personally confirm that they will fit the GV and I'm 99% certain they'll fit your 2001 XL-7 - you will need to shorten the supplied allen wrench to clear the roof when installing, and I chose to shorten/trim the bars so they did not protrude beyond the sides of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Thule make some to fit - that's what I've got. They're also a "tool less" fit and use a key lock to secure them.

Just go to any of the major rack manufacturer sites and they've usually got fitment guides. They'll tell you what width/ model bar you need and also what "foot" you require (ie. the bit that holds the bar onto the factory rails.)

eg. Bring your life: Racks and Carriers for Bikes Skis Kayaks Canoes Surfboards - Roof racks - Roof boxes ? Bags and Cases for Travel Laptops Cameras Tablets Smartphones ? Bike Bags and Racks ? Snow Chains ? Camping - Thule

1 - 4 of 4 Posts