Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2001 Suzuki Xl-7 Limited Edition with roughly 75,000 miles on it. Just recently my blower motor has stopped working. In the past I have troubles with the blower controls as it only blew when the switch was between the off and 1st speed setting. I took out my blower motor and tested the motor by connecting the motor to the battery directly. I worked perfectly so I decided to save some money at the time by running a new, temporary switch. The downside to this was that there is only one speed with my new switch. I had the positive coming from the Accessory fuse on the fuse box and a ground to a bolt in the floor. I have not tested the blower motor yet due to it being very cold outside. I am very tired of freezing while driving to and from school. How can I fix my stock fan switch and fix my blower motor?

Thanks,
Kai

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
What exactly do you want us to tell you?

You have apparently diagnosed the problem as a defective switch and have wired a switch to bypass that, but for whatever reason, won't use it - what is the logic behind installing the switch, and not testing it because it's cold outside, and freezing whilst driving the car?

If the blower is not working, you need to find the fault and fix it, if you have diagnosed the problem as the switch, then replace the switch - am I missing something?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to know what I need to do to fix the factory switch, I know how to replace the motor, but I don't know how to fix the switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do I take out the switch? I've tried taking it out but it looks like you have to pull the whole dash out.

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
If I'm correct, an 01 should have horizontal slider heater controls - I believe you need to push that into the dash, down and then pull it out through the radio opening.

Before you do that though - check the resistor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I'm correct, an 01 should have horizontal slider heater controls - I believe you need to push that into the dash, down and then pull it out through the radio opening.

Before you do that though - check the resistor.
Yes, it does have the horizontal controls. Where is the resistor located?

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
It's usually on the blower itself - a little black thing with four terminals.

Question - how did you arrive at the switch being the problem - if you haven't already checked the resistor?

Did you just assume that because it wasn't the blower it had to be the switch?

There are two fuses and a relay that can prevent that blower from running

1 - 8 of 8 Posts