Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my beloved 2001 Tracker, it has over a 100000 miles on it, runs like a top, not a spec of rust, has some worn out clutch parts that I can't find in the far remote barrens of this North Atlantic outpost I'm stuck in.

The release fork, the thingy that it pivots on and the shaft assembly the throwout bearing rides on. Sorry I can't be more technical, I lost the notes the mechanic gave me.

Does anyone know where to find these, or has them and is willing to ship them to me?

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
You might want to narrow the search pattern. "North Atlantic" as closer to Canada or Europe? :huh: We can then possibly guide you toward the nearest parts sources.

A bit more detail as to the specific parts, engine complement, vehicle origin too. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha! Thanks!

Its a Canadian 2001 Chevy Tracker 4.0L 4wd 4door. I'm in Newfoundland Canada, just outside St. John's.

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
I was picturing you somewhere stuck on an island in the Article Circle, off the coast of Greenland. :D
And as a Sailor, the North Atlantic meant my operating in and around Norway and Sweden in terrible sea conditions.

2.0L right? ;)

Are you looking for new or used parts? You didn't state clutch disc or pressure plate (typical component needs when working on a clutch), so I assume you have those?

Have you contacted a Canadian GM Dealer?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's too early in the morning. As for my location, I might as well be! It snowed the other day and we have yet to see a day over 10 degrees C.

2.0L, yes. We can get the plate and and disc, no problem, its the worn out parts we need. I would be happy with used. We have tried the dealer but as its a 2001, they are "obsolete" parts that they don't make and apparently no one else does?

·
Super Moderator
19,087 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts