Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !!!! Could anybody advise where I could locate a good used or new a/c line I need for my 2001 Esteem ??? The line I need is right in front of the a/c condensor - connects from the receiver/dryer over to the passenger side just to the left of the condensor ( viewing from the front of the car )... Or can anybody at least verify what the part # would be for this line ????

·
Registered
462 Posts
What happened to the one that you currently have?
My guess is that ron lives in an area that uses road salt on the roads in winter. As we all know those of us living in salted roads areas is that it corrodes aluminium.

Ron if you are going the used part route, order it from Colorado, a no salt, little rust, state.
That is where I ordered my condensor from:p.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes......here in michigan.......we got the salt......it rotted a hole in the line at the lowest point right at the spot where the rubber foam ended to protect it......... i thought the condenser was leaking, but ended up being this line............ thanks to max for the info on the parts and the part numbers......that's awesome ! got the numbers i was looking for.........thanks again !!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Oregon (where I live) does not use salt on our roads either, its considered an environmental toxin here and we have found other things that work just as well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
yes......here in michigan.......we got the salt......it rotted a hole in the line at the lowest point right at the spot where the rubber foam ended to protect it......... i thought the condenser was leaking, but ended up being this line............ thanks to max for the info on the parts and the part numbers......that's awesome ! got the numbers i was looking for.........thanks again !!!!
Bloody hell, no thanks for me!? Been slaving here on your behalf:confused:

Max the moderator was kind enough to share this with me.

O ring selection.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...ord=o+ring+kit

Yes it would be totally "awesome" if you thanked me, terribly hurt over this.;)

·
Super Moderator
18,421 Posts
That link acts funky sometimes.

This is the item from O-Reillys, $4 bucks and some change....

·
Registered
462 Posts
I ordered this o-ring kit from Amazon because I have two cars with a/c and the dealer's want close to $5 for each one. I felt it was worth it to have the correct size for the project before you start the job, however with this Amazon kit and the one Max the moderator suggested one does not need the ones from the dealer to know the size. One can see the size of the old one and match it with the ones in the kit.

Amazon.com: Performance Tool W5201 Wilmar HNBR O-Ring Assortment, 270-Piece: Home Improvement

Since I live in a salted roads area I felt that I will be changing parts frequently enough to justify getting a set, and felt with shipping the O'Reilly kit would be close to the Amazon kit. Which I combined with other items I req'd that qualified for free shipping.

Hope you fellows find this of interest.

Thank you Max for making me aware of these o-ring kits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts