Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the 2.0l engine in a 2001 tracker for the Pastor of my church. There is a single wire coming out of the harness close to where the O2 sensor connector is (on that same section of harness) this wire is black and looks to have some kind of black braided insulation on it. Is this wire a ground? It looks like it might have had a ring terminal on it from looking at what's left on the end of the wire. It was like this when I pulled the old engine out. Just trying to figure out where it goes. I can take a picture this evening after work if that helps. I see this forum only goes to 1998 but it is the closest forum I can find to what I have and I haven't found any Chevy tracker specific forums. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,011 Posts
Already did. ;)

This wire...is it the one that goes to the back of the Power Steering pump? It gets overlooked often.

The oil pressure sending unit wire is another potential source, as are the A/C compressor and temp sensor ones.

The possibility that it had a "ring" connector end, makes it a good ground wire candidate too.

Other than than that, we'll need a better description of its origination and / or a pic.

·
Administrator
19,092 Posts
Black wire, black braided insulation near the O2 sensor - that matches the description for the oil pressure sender connection on the 2.0 engine - the sender itself is under the exhaust manifold (hence the braided insulation).

Switch the ignition on and see if the oil pressure light turns on - if it doesn't ground that wire on the exhaust, see if that turns it on.

By the way - it's usually a ¼" spade terminal on the end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black wire, black braided insulation near the O2 sensor - that matches the description for the oil pressure sender connection on the 2.0 engine - the sender itself is under the exhaust manifold (hence the braided insulation).

Yes that's the wire. I will do the checking this evening when I get home. I know I did not hook up any wire behind the exhaust manifold so thats more than likely it. Thanks! I will post back with my findings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.