Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Chevrolet Metro
During recent snow fall/temp fall -all 3 freeze plugs were popped.
I am trying to figure out if there is any way to install them without removing rocker arm
Rocker arms are in the way when we try to install those..
Camshaft is ok but rocker arm and rocket itself can be in the way.
Please check the pic to get an idea.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Audio equipment Gas Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
19,275 Posts
Ouch. I think that I'd be a bit more concerned about head cracks, and head removal under the guise of pressure testing to best evaluate engine components for further service. :(

Reactions: noname

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,835 Posts
Ouch ! again...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch. I think that I'd be a bit more concerned about head cracks, and head removal under the guise of pressure testing to best evaluate engine components for further service. :(
Well am not sure if it helps but...when I pour coolant directly in to radiator hose --the coolant immediately comes out of these holes (3 popped plugs) and goes to oil pan
(when I see dipstick - it shows way more than full mark )
So yes it can be crack or something but I hope for the best.
You did not say if there if any way to install without removing anything like cam or rocker shaft

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Nope remove the rocker arms, I bet if those 3 popped, so did most of the others on the block including the one behind the flywheel.

Why were you not running anti freeze coolant?

Replace the 3 in the head, and then pressure test the cooling system. Cracks and other popped plugs are a very distinct possibility

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Without checking the service manual, I think the cam has to come out to get the rocker shaft out, and I dont think you can get that out with the head in place. I hope I'm wrong......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts