Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tracker people, I am new to the site, have done lots of work on trucks and jeeps but this is my first tracker. it is a 4 door 2001 Tracker 2.0L 4x4 Auto. I bent the drive shaft on a rock and I can get another rear drive shaft from a 1995 4 door JX 5 speed.... The problem is drive shaft is a couple hours away and buddy cannot measure it so before I take the long drive and find out it is not the same length I thought I would ask the people who would know best!!!

I have 2001 Tracker 4 door 2.0L Auto 4x4
His is 1995 JX 4 door 5 speed 4x4.

I can change the yokes if the splines are different on the transfer case, but need to know if the length of the drive shaft its self is going to work. Thanks in advance!
Looking forward to this site!

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Actually, the info for the 1999 and newer cars (whether Grand Vitara, Tracker, etc) are on the Grand Vitara link on the left - this side of the forum is for the older 1989-1998 Trackicks. I don't know any of the specs of a 2001 Tracker drive shaft, but if I was to guess (and I am) I would say no, that they are not interchangeable. In 1999, this car went through quite an overhaul with different circuits added/removed. While normally, if you keep to the same number of doors, and don't mix 2wd with 4wd, these swaps work, you are now talking about a different 'generation' of Tracker. There are a few people who post on this side who also have the newer cars, so they will be able to give you a more accurate answer, but otherwise, I would pass on the 95. Or at least, post your question on the GV link on the left for better info....:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts