Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Chevy Tracker 4-door 4x4 2.0L 4-cylinder gas. This is the first day in months it's been above freezing out and it's raining. My Tracker has never run well in the wet but today it wouldn't accelerate at all once it warmed up. I had the throttle to the floor and the engine wouldn't rev above idle. I did a search and it sounds like a cam position sensor to me. Does that sound right?
How hard are they to swap out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't know if that's the problem or not, but the cam pos sensor is SUPER easy to replace. The CPS Is at the back of the valve cover. if it's just the actual sensor part and not the whole assembly, it takes a 10mm socket, 2-4" extension and a ratchet (1/4" drive) and about 3 minutes to change it. unplug the connector, Pull the bolt, slide the old one out, new one in, tighten bolt and plug it back in and you're done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2001 and it seems to be doing almost tbe same. It drives very well. Just had a oil change and was told i need a air filter asap and this was only a few days ago and now when i start her and she is warm up to go it wont go over 15mils and rpm reves up to 4. Only does it for a few mins until she gets over 20/25 then she drives fine the rest of tbe day. Could it just be the air filter? Was told is prob the coils. What do u think? Please someone let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts