Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've been experiencing an intermittent miss condition while driving, under load or high rpm usually. The only code present is PO400, which is an EGR system malfunction of some kind. I believe this has been present for some time, but it's only recently began to start causing a miss condition. (or, the miss is not related... but I think it is...)

Has this been a common issue? The parts seem to be very expensive, and I'm not sure which part I need...

Would there be a separate code set if the barometric pressure sensor was malfunctioning?

Do you think it's safe to say that the valve is bad?

The vehicle vibrates pretty bad at idle when in gear at a stop. (Always has...)
Also, we can't roll our windows down because there is an ever-present exhaust smell that I can't seem to fix... (I originally thought it was an exhaust leak, but no matter how much exhaust work I have done, it never fixes it... It's really strange...)

Please help...

Thanks...

John

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,270 Posts
The problems may be related, If the exhaust leak is pre-CAT, it will also induce an illegal air supply... and cause EGR issues

Do the IRISH pressure test, hold a potato on the end of exhaust, listen for hissing (leak) and stall condition.

.... Philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts