·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an owner's manual (not a service manual) for:
Type: FTD 62V
Engine: H25A
Built: Sep. 1999

I'm looking for data on the maintenance schedule, required fluid types, how to change a tire, etc.

Cheers,
Dag

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have to see if the type etc matches up, but I have the 2000 GV owners book, the one that comes in glove box. This what you are looking for? I guess I could photograph the needed pages.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,
I was able to find the maintenace schedule and fluid requirements. Where are the jacking points for changing a tire? Also, what is the mm size of the lug nuts?

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
Jack points are under the sills - just behind the front wheels and ahead of the rear ones - you'll see a small circular protrusion that's intended to fit in the head of the jack. OE lug nuts are, I believe, 19mm AF, 12x1.25mm thread.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Max,
I wasn't sure the SQ service manual was applicable to my vehicle. I did locate the info I was seeking in the manual.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
Just saying - there are a lot of differences between the Tracker & Grand Vitara owner's manuals - and there are a lot of differences between the Tasmanian (Australian market) and US models.

·
Registered
212 Posts
One big difference is the engine, apparently Tracker did not have the 2.5l engine option. However items like jack points are almost universal with scissor jacks. Every car I have ever owned with this jacking used the same jack points.
Fluids and maintenance sheds, probably need more specific info.
However, for schedule, shouldn't be that far off. Fluids? Definitely the chance of a difference, but in that seems more the year as to what is needed.

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
Fluid recommendations ARE among the differences between the Tracker & Grand Vitara owners manuals, and also between the owner's manuals for the Australian & US market Suzuki models.

·
Super Moderator
12,459 Posts
Bill - for what it's worth - my copy of the 2001 Tracker owner's manual does show a 2.5 litre engine, so it must have been an option.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wonder if it was in 2000 on the Tracker. My 2000 manual on the GV shows it.

Anyway, back of the 2000 GV manual shows engine oil. has 'starburst' symbol.
Brake and clutch. DOT lll
Auto trans as Dexron lll

1 - 15 of 15 Posts